Privacy & Terms
Effective date 05/07/2016
www.lumoslearning.com (herein referred to as “Website”) is owned, managed and operated by Lumos Information Services (hereinafter referred to as “Company” or “We” or “Us” or “Our”) a Limited Liability Company registered in New Jersey, USA with the registered address at PO Box 1575, Piscataway, NJ 08855.
1. Your Consent:
We reserve the right to modify and amend this Agreement in whole or in part at any time. We shall notify any major amendment(s) in this Agreement by a ‘notice requesting perusal’ on the homepage, which shall run for fifteen (15) days from such amendment(s). All such amendments and updates shall come into effect immediately upon their posting on this Website page. You are, therefore, advised to visit this Website page periodically to remain informed about the latest changes effected to this Agreement. Your continued usage of this Website constitutes Your implied acceptance of the amended Agreement.
3. Purchase Information:
We are the Sole source providers for some of the products listed on the Webstore whereas we may be the platform for some of third party products. The purchases of third party products listed on our site will be subjected to Third party terms and policies.
- 3.1. The Purchases through Webstore is applicable only for Tax Exempt organizations.
- 3.2. The Quote will be provided within 1 business day of receiving the electronic request for quote.
- 3.3. For Purchases made through Credit card or debit card, the Order execution will start immediately.
- 3.4. For Purchases where payment is subjected to Purchase order terms, the Orders will be executed only upon receiving the Purchase Order and after complying with the Payment Terms of the order.
- 3.5. The Store services is applicable only for USA.
- 3.6. We reserve the right to modify the offers / discounts / use of coupons for Purchase on our webstore. The usage of coupons, availing discounts and offers will be subjected to the prevailing conditions mentioned on the Webstore.
- 3.7. We may not accept the Purchase order under the following circumstances.
- 3.7.1. We do not have the products in stock
- 3.7.2. Your payment is not authorized.
- 3.7.3. There is an error on our website regarding the price or other details of the products.
We reserve the rights to cancel any order.
The delivery schedule of the products will be as per below:
- 4.1. The delivery schedule for printed books and videos will be based on the product and the mode of supply opted by you and varies between minimum of 1 week to maximum of 3 weeks.
- 4.2. Access to all electronic subscriptions will be provided within 5 working days of receipt of PO.
- 4.3. Order confirmation will be sent upon receipt of Purchase order.
- 4.4. Shipment details will be sent immediately after delivery is scheduled for the Purchase order.
We encourage you to login to your webstore account, to check the status of Purchase Order, Shipment status, Invoices and any other relevant information.
5. Cancellation and returns policy:
All cancellations should be before Order Confirmation.
7. Access to Teacher and Student Portals:
Some of the Products purchased in Stores will provide you access to the Teacher and Student Portal and the use of these portals will be governed by Terms for these portals in addition to the terms mentioned in the Webstore and General Terms and Conditions.
You may read the Terms of Service for Teacher portal and Terms of Service for Student by clicking on the link.
8. Acceptable Use of this site:
By Using this site, you acknowledge and agree that:
- 8.2. You agree not to disclose your username and password to persons.
- 8.3. Company reserves the right to monitor all activity on this website and take reasonable action to protect this website from unauthorized use.
- 8.4. The Service is available for your personal or institutional use only and not for commercial use.
- 9.1. You will only use the Service as permitted by law and will not use it for any unlawful activity.
- 9.2. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Agreement or our policies.
- 9.3. You will not Reproduce or Distribute the whole or a substantial part of this Site for any purpose.
- 9.4. use in any manner any Content from this Site or any Derivative Work for any commercial purposes, including but not limited to:
- 9.5. directly or indirectly selling or licensing any Content or any Derivative Work;
- 9.6. selling access to the Content on this Site or any Derivative Work via a website, web address or by any other means;
- 9.7. gaining advertising or subscription revenue from Content or from any Derivative Work by any means;
- 9.8. Reproduce or Distribute Content or a Derivative Work on, or in connection with, an external website, intranet site or equivalent media directly or indirectly for commercial purposes; or
- 9.9. use any Content on this Site or a Derivative Work, in a manner that is misleading or conveys inaccurate information to the public;
- 9.10. use Content on this Site or a Derivative Work and falsely or inaccurately represent either directly or indirectly that you, your website or your products, or that any other party, website or products, are connected with, or sponsored or approved by, us or any of our partners or associated entities or bodies; or
- 9.11. sub-license the Content on this Site or any Derivative Work.
- 9.12. You will not republish the content in any manner.
- 9.13. Unless otherwise indicated, all Content on this Site is the subject of copyright, and may be the subject of trademark, and/or other intellectual property rights.
- 9.14. Subject to these Terms, to the extent that Lumos Information Services has copyright in the Content of this Site or is otherwise permitted to grant a licence or consent in the relevant terms, you are permitted to Reproduce and Distribute Content on this Site and any Derivative Work for your non-commercial or educational use. In doing so, it is a condition that you keep intact all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices
- 9.15. Any violation of the above may be grounds for termination of your right to access or use the Service.
10. Company's Liability:
We are constantly changing and improving our Services. We may add or remove functionalities or features, and we may suspend or stop a Service altogether, including, for example, if you do not comply with this Agreement or if we are investigating suspected misconduct. We may also stop providing Service to you, or add or create new limits to our Service or restrict your access to all or a part of the Service at any time without notice or liability. Access to and use of the Service itself is free, but in the future, we may offer new or additional special features which we may charge.
- 11.1. We shall not be liable for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Webstore page whether caused by us or any third party content posted on the page.
- 11.2. We do not claim any responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including non availability of Webstore page due to technical issues.
12. Contact us: