21st Century Fact Finds: Using Online Research Tools to Reinforce Common Core Skills (Gr. 4)
Fascinating stories help students develop skills not only in comprehension and vocabulary, but also in critical thinking since they have to do some research to determine which "facts" are true and which aren't facts at all! Students find this information by using online research tools, including dictionaries, encyclopedias, and atlases; temperature, currency, and metric converters; and image galleries.
Follow-up questions require students to synthesize what they researched and apply their knowledge. A related writing exercise challenges them to think critically about what they have read, form opinions using information they inferred or determined to be true or flase, an combine logical reasoning with writing mechanics.
Correlated to the Common Core State Standards.
|Assessment||PARCC, Common Core, Ohio State Test, Florida Standards Test, Other|
- Fiction Reading Comprehension Cards (Gr. 6)Special Price $17.99
- Going Green (Gr. 6-8)Special Price $11.69
- Standards-Based Science Investigations (Gr. 6)Special Price $16.19
- Daily Warm Ups: Language Skills (Gr. 6)Special Price $17.09
- Plan-Develop-Display-Present Science Projects (GR. 3-6)Special Price $16.19